Wednesday, October 22, 2014

A curse left by a father

Hear me now, I lift the curse placed upon me. Blood of the demon in my flesh. Every time I look upon the mirror I see you. I am not the man you made. Many others have augmented, purified, and transmuted tarnished stone you left. Now made into a beautiful gym for all to see. With these words I banish you! I forsake the memories of drunken nights wondering if there was a safe place to hide from your wrath. I banish the memory's not feeling good enough to meet your approval for now I know it is not required. I forsake all that you put upon me the thoughts and morals of a broken man twisted by his own dark thoughts and feelings. I cast you out as my father just Zeus cast Kronos into Tartarus to be bound forever in a prison for his crimes against his children. You are part of what created me but you do not make me into what I am today. You do not get the glory or bragging right over my success. You do not reap the rewards and benefits of all that I have for that is not yours to take because you did not earn it. Others took up the mantle which you by natural design should have it. For in this moment now I purge myself of the dark feeling I see when I look in the mirror and see semblance of you. I cast out the hatred I feel upon my reflection reminded that you are where I came from. I do not write this out of malice but I write this to purify myself and make room for more positive things to manifest in my life for you are part of my past I can finally close the book on because I see now I am not the result of my fathers actions and the correction of his mistake. I am the manifestation of my mother's love my family's nurturing the support of my friends in the drive of my own internal motivation to be better there. With these words I release you of your responsibility to and I wish you nothing but peace and all of your life and when the moment comes when I'm forced to face the inevitable fact that you have left this earth I will be able to do so with a clean and unburdened heart.

I now rest my head upon my pillow and close my eyes as this these words leave my pen these thought pour from my mouth and these feelings are loosed from my heart I will sleep with the Angels knowing that I've made room for better things in my life by removing dark negativity is dwelt for far too long. I will continue to dye my hair, arch my eyebrows, shaved my face, and wear whatever makes me happy because when I look in the mirror from now on I will see me and only me. The man that I have worked hard to bring to this place who's made his stamp on this earth and will go on with his life unbound by the shadows of his past.

No comments: